Spectrum supports aging people with culturally diverse backgrounds to feel at home in Australia
- Friendly, supportive team
- Generous benefits and flexible hours
- Earn $34 - $38 per hour
At Spectrum, we aspire to a profoundly inclusive Australia, a place where the diversity of people enhances the lives of all. We reach out to people of all refugee and migrant backgrounds; we provide access to a support network; we enable successful participation and inclusion for an enriched and diverse Australia.
About the position
Support Workers are part of a dedicated & well supported team helping in the client’s homes according to each client’s care needs. Support Workers may assist clients with:
- personal care such as bathing, showering, grooming, dressing/undressing, hair care, shaving (electric only), toileting, changing incontinence pads.
- domestic care such as mopping, vacuuming, dusting, washing of floors and wet areas, changing bed linen, washing/ hanging laundry.
- respite care such as socialisation and leisure activities in and out of client’s home.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Certificate III or IV in Home and Community Care, Aged Care, Individual Support
- Victorian Drivers Licence
- Use of own roadworthy, registered, and insured car during hours of work
Spectrum is committed to building a team that reflects the diverse community we serve. We welcome applications from people who have cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We value every member of our team and our staff say that Spectrum feels like family.
We offer generous conditions and flexible working hours so employees can achieve work-life balance.
Other benefits include:
- Flexible hours with regular shifts
- Salary packaging to reduce your tax â which means more money in your pocket
- Free ongoing training
- Uniform, PPE and all equipment provided
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
If you would like to join our friendly, multicultural team, please click on the apply button and provide a cover letter and your CV.